Sunday, November 16, 2008
There is nothing like a girlfriend
Since it is November, I thought I would focus on things that I'm grateful for. I even put songs on my playlist that are called Thank you. So I thought I would pay homage to my friends today. St. Thomas Aquinas said "There is nothing on this earth more prized than true friendship." I have been blessed to make some amazing friends in all the places that I've lived. Living away from family for so long has enabled me to create a new kind of family with my friends. My friends seem to always be there for me. Good times, hard times... we've been through a lot. I went on a "sleepover" with some of my friends this weekend. It was great to spend time being just me, not a mom or a wife, although I am tremendously thankful for those blessings too. But sometimes it is a reprieve just to be around women. So girls, thanks for the nights out, for our dinners out and for the fun parties. Thanks for calling at the right time. Thanks for watching my kids so I can run errands. Thanks for trusting me with your precious babes. Thanks for sharing your lives and letting me share mine with you. Thanks for not saying I'm crazy when it is so obvious that I am. Thanks for all of it! To all my friends, to those I talk to every week, to those that email, check each other's blogs and to those that we just exchange Christmas cards and birth announcements- thank you for being my friend! You are all such a great part of my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You rock girl!! I am so grateful to say that you are my friend. It has been lots of fun getting to know you.
I'm so glad you got to go out with the girls! THANK YOU for including us in your family. You are a great friend!
I couldn't agree with you more! I wouldn't be me with out great friends and examples like you!
You're the best Becky, thanks for always organizing fun events so we can have "girl time!"
Post a Comment